How to understand your dog?
What exactly is your fluffy trying to tell you. Well…it is not very difficult for you to identify since you are a pet parent. But we are excuted to share some knowledge with you guys so that you can be a better pet mom or pet dad.
Lets read your dog
Here, the dog has a relaxed mood basically appears with tail down and mouth opened slightly with tongue exposed. Though the dog seem to be relaxed do not approach new dogs since its behavior can change suddenly?
This is the happy mood of the dog which invites you to play with him. Most of the time accompanied with excited barking and running around. Here, the dog behaves in a way of bent front legs and paws and tail is up.
- Alert mode
This is the usual behavior which your dog shows when you have visitors at your doorstep. This shows that he is paying attention and assess of what he needs to do next. Basically accompanied by wide eyes and mouth closed with smooth nose and forehead.
Here, the dog shows his confidence and his dominance. Nose wrinkled, lips curled and often sounds a bit growly also he will act aggressively if he is challenged.
Now that you understand how your dog talks and let’s see how you can talk to your dog. Talking or responding to back to your sweet paw is important because we are very much sure that you do not want to make him or her upset. So here are few signals which we could find just for you as assertive signals and calming signals.
The most important and the very first thing is to make sure that your dog respects you. Otherwise it leads to chaos. So here are few signals which you can show to your dog that you should be respected.
- Always try to use calm and low pitched tone of voice for the dog because high pitched aggressive tones will direct wrong signals sometimes.
- When you are talking to your pup make sure that you use the same words because it will help the dog to learn faster. Otherwise it will lead him to confusion.
These ways you should learn how to respond to your pup when you don’t have to be in control over your pup.
- Mostly for shy dogs you can try a soothing voice to show him that you are no threat. Try talking to you pup with his/her favorite biscuit.
- Do not try to lean over or chase the puppy because you don’t want to scare him more. Let the puppy approach you rather than forcing. Something you can try is that you can lie motionless on the ground to make him feel curios.
- You also can try a dog laugh like – ha ha ha ha to get his attention and to show that you are a friend.